Friday, October 23, 2009

Applying for Dual Citizen

Dual Citizenship

The status of a person who is a legal citizen of two or more countries. Was born in the foreign country and parents is either a citizen of that country and the other one is not.

I want to share my experience on processing a dual citizenship. My cousin is a German citizen and his in Philippines to study at first I get him a special study permit when he was in high school but in college it requires him to get a student visa. Dual citizenship enables him to study, work and stay in Philippines as long as he wants. And we don't need to renew his passport everytime. This process takes place in Philippine immigration and a bunch of paper work. As a guardian of my cousin they required a special power of attorney from his parents notarized and authenticated in the Philippine Consulate. Every document needs to be notarized and authenticated.

Requirements:
* Former Philippine passport of mother to prove that she was still a Filipino at the time of birth
*Authenticated Birth Certificate of mother (Filipino)
*Marriage Contract of Parents
*Baptismal Record of my cousin
*NBI Clearance of my cousin
*Foreign Passport of parent
*Birth Certificate of my cousin authenticated by the Philippine Consulate

As far as I remember those are the documents that I prepared. It's hard to deal with the immigration especially if you dont know anybody so we get an agent affiliated by the immigration to make the process easier for us. That time we pay 18,000 pesos. Including everything. And we attend several hearing in the immigration office after they approved the petition they will send that to the Department of Justice for the approval. And the documents sits there for a couple of months. That's the stigma or trend on processing papers in Philippines. Or you need to give tip to speed up.

2 comments:

alan said...

Get your k1 fiance visa. Automated Visa Preparation System without the high legal fees. Approved by Immigration Lawyers.This will allow you to start the process of obtaining their Green Card.

maharishii said...


us visa renewal As we are the Top Visa services consultants for United States of America, We know exactly what documents you need to carry for your Visa interview as per your case. Most of the Applicants Not required to carry most of the DocumentsDepends on Applicant to Applicant we will suggest the Documents to you to carry for your interview.

Search

Welcome

I made this blog to share my experience during my visa journey